Why should I connect to a Brand?
- Connecting to brands is the simplest way to communicate your sales and inventory with them. It allows brands to see your sales and inventory the way you see it, no more comparing sell-in vs. sell-through. UQ Cadence saves you time (and money) by eliminating the need to pull, format, and send reports to your brands. Brands are able to see where and when their inventory is located and selling.
What data can a Brand see when I connect with them?
- Brands are only able to see the sales and inventory information contained within UQ Cadence. Click here for an article specific to this topic.
How do Brands know I've sent a connection request?
The Brand Admin will receive an email and a connection request will be visible within UQ Cadence in Settings -> Retail Connect.
Why are Brands not accepting my connection request?
If your request hasn't been accepted, the Brand Admin may have changed. Please contact your Brand account manager for assistance.
Where did my Team + Store Leaderboard go?
Team + Store Leaderboard is included in the paid, Teams and Premier packages. Contact Shelly.Whitechurch@upperquadrant.com for a demo or to upgrade your account.
Where did my Industry Benchmarks report go?
- The Industry Benchmarks report and the RIA Weekly Benchmarks email are exclusive to RIA Members. To update your RIA membership, click here.
Where can I find my email capture rate?
Email capture rate can be found in the Industry Benchmarks report on the Customer Benchmarks tab. Industry Benchmarks is an exclusive for RIA members. To update your RIA membership, click here.
How do I compare my store data side-by-side against the industry?
Industry Benchmarks is the report that allows this access and is an RIA Member exclusive. To update your RIA membership, click here.
How do I view industry trends?
- Industry Pulse reports provide in-depth trend, market, and inventory data and are included in the paid, Premier package. Contact Shelly.Whitechurch@upperquadrant.com for a demo or to upgrade your account.
How often is the data updated/refreshed?
Data is updated every night. The exact time varies by retailer.
Why don't the metrics in this UQ Cadence report match my POS metrics?
- Your POS system may classify product categories slightly differently than UQ. For example, UQ doesn't include Spikes or Sandals (including Oofos) in “Shoe” ratios. It’s possible that your POS does. It's also possible that your POS uses a different calculation (or includes returns), so we provide our equations so you can compare them easily.
Can I export the charts and graphs?
Yes! Learn how to download the data here.
I own more than 1 business, and each has a different name/logo. Will I have separate UQ Cadence accounts and logins for each one?
- You will have one login, yet separate accounts will be established and connected within UQ Cadence. This will allow for each business to report separately from one another.
- In the example below, Reno Running Co. and Gold Country Run + Sport are unique businesses yet are visible to the shared users through the account drop down in the top navigation bar.
Why do my Brands Snapshots and Brand Check-in reports show null in the data area?
- Check your Settings -> Data Permissions to make sure you've connected to the brands you're interested in reviewing. If you have not made any brand connections, UQ Cadence can't generate sales results.
What does it mean if my stores metrics show an increase of Infinity%?
- There is no LY data being captured in UQ Cadence. If believe this is an error, please contact Shelly.Whitechurch@upperquadrant.com.
Why can't I see any data in My Stores Brands Snapshot?
- Results on this report are driven by a snapshot of your inventory. If UQ Cadence hasn't captured a snapshot of your inventory, data won't appear.
- Questions to ask:
- Are there any inventory start and end dates on the Dynamic Snapshot tab?
- How long ago was your POS connected to UQ Cadence and has your historical data pull completed? It could take up to 10-days after connecting to UQ Cadence to capture a snapshot of beginning and ending inventory.
- How long have you used this POS system? If there is no historical data in your POS, UQ Cadence can't pull it.
- Questions to ask:
What transaction types are captured in the Team + Store Leaderboard?
- layaway pickup
- special order pickup
- employee sale
- regular sale
Note: Returns don't factor in on most reports. We do this to focus on purchases and how effective you are in that interaction.
How are products categorized?
- Footwear Categorization
- Socks Categorization
- Apparel Categorization
- Injury Prevention & Recovery Categorization
- Product Categorization
What is a Family?
- A Family is a subset of product data within a Category. For example, Hidden/No Show is a Family within the Category of Socks. See articles mentioned above for more information.
What are "unknown" sales and skus?
- Unknown families are caused when retailers do not use the brand's specific UPCs for its products and therefore cannot be easily classified into a family.
Are sandal sales included in Footwear Transactions, Shoe-to-Insole, or Shoe-to-Sock fitting ratios?
- No. While sandals are part of the footwear category, they are considered an add-on.
- You can find specifics about each ratio, along with the formulas here.
What are Source Tags?
- Source Tags are words or industry terms that retailers attach to products in their POS database that help to correctly identify a product on Amazon and Shopify. If incorrect or inaccurate source tags are used, products won't categorize correctly within UQ Cadence reports.
- Example of correct tags: Product - Balega Hidden Comfort socks; source tags - socks, no show, medium cushion.
- Example of incorrect tags: Product - Oofos Oolala; source tags - sandals, insoles. "Insoles" will interfere with these being categorized as Footwear.