To accurately report sales within UQ Cadence, products need to be categorized in commonly accepted industry terms. You will find different levels of categorization depending on the product's Primary Category. This article discusses Apparel.
Information regarding other Primary Categories can be found here:
- Footwear Categorization
- Socks Categorization
- Injury Prevention & Recovery Categorization
- Other Product Categorization
At the highest level, every product's primary category is defined: Apparel, Footwear, Socks, etc...
Family and Category 2
To get the best comparison between comparable products, Apparel is then subcategorized, which is labeled as both Family and Category 2 through all UQ Cadence reports. Examples of the products that are contained within each Family and Category 2 are shown below:
- Accessories: arm sleeves, gloves/mittens, scarves/neck gaiters, hair ties
- Bottoms: pants/joggers, capris/tights, shorts, skirts, dresses
- Headwear: hats, visors, balaclavas, headbands
- Other: underwear, swimwear, thermals, sets
- Outerwear: coats/jackets, vests, hoodies/sweatshirts, full zips
- Tops: 1/4 and 1/2 zips, short/long sleeves, tanks/singlets
Once defined in a Family and Category 2, products are then identified by their gender.
- Gender Neutral
- Youth (includes girl, boy, toddler, and infant styles)
EXAMPLE: Brooks Women's Chaser Short 5"
- Brand = Brooks
- Category = Apparel
- Family = Bottoms
- Category 2 = Bottoms
- Gender = Women's
NOTE: Any products marked Unknown are those that were sold without scanning a brand specific UPC or haven't been connected to a specific brand within UQ Cadence. Please report any necessary updates to Shelly.Whitechurch@upperquadrant.com.