To accurately report sales within UQ Cadence, products need to be categorized in commonly accepted industry terms. You will find different levels of categorization depending on the product's Primary Category. This article discusses Injury Prevention & Recovery.
Information regarding all other Primary Categories can be found here:
At the highest level, every product's primary category is defined: Footwear, Socks, Apparel, etc...
Family and Category 2
To get the best comparison between comparable products, Injury Prevention & Recovery is then categorized by style, which is labeled as both Family and Category 2 through all UQ Cadence reports. Examples of the products that are contained within each Family and Category 2 are shown below:
- Compression/Braces/Sleeves: compression socks; compressive bracing sleeves; kinesiology tape
- Massage: foam rollers; massage tools including percussion massagers
- Personal Care: anti-chafe; CBD; sunscreen
Once defined in a Family and Category 2, products are then identified by their gender.
- Gender Neutral
- Youth (includes girl, boy, toddler, and infant styles)
EXAMPLE: CEP Men's Ultralight Tall Compression Socks
- Brand = CEP
- Category = Injury Prevention & Recovery
- Family = Compression/Braces/Sleeves
- Category 2 = Compression/Braces/Sleeves
- Gender = Men's
NOTE: Any products marked Unknown are those that were sold without scanning a brand specific UPC or haven't been connected to a specific brand within UQ Cadence. Please report any necessary updates to Shelly.Whitechurch@upperquadrant.com.